PTW BENEFITS OF MENTORING
Teen and parents mentoring is a new concept to many of us in India. This is so because our understanding is rooted in the idea that we are the better off with what it takes to be a parent. But ask any parent or teen, who have experienced these mentoring sessions, they will tell you how profoundly it helped them on their journey as a teen or parent. It can be a life-changing experience for most of you. Even modern researchers affirm that mentoring has a significant effect on positive youth development.
To help you catch up with this new trend –Teen and Parent –mentoring, we have underlined the benefits of PTW Life Design/ Career Design mentoring programs as below:
Benefits of Mentoring During Teen Years
- It helps a youngster build positive social skills and facilitates interpersonal connections beyond family.
- Provides an emotionally neutral perspective on decisions and outcomes.
- Helps youngsters interpret and manage their life challenges, including relationships with peers and parents more intelligently.
- Encourages meaningful conversations that boost cognitive skills and provides perspective.
- Strengthens self-management, one’s ability to manage emotions and impulses—to think before acting.
- Fosters identity development, a key task of teens, through inculcating core qualities that contribute to human thriving.
- Develops new skills like self-advocacy, self-efficacy, resilience, perseverance, resourcefulness, problem-solving, and indistractability, etc.
- Opens mind to look at life from a wider perspective
- Improves social-emotional learning and helps form the right identity.
- Helps build stronger relationships with parents, teachers, and peers.
- Provides motivation for better academic performance.
- Supports parents ineffective parenting.
- Provides constructive feedback to help you improve